Sunday 18 August 2013

Disappointing Products

Hello again my sweets :)

I hate it when I buy something I have really wanted to try and it turns out I don't like it or it's not what I expect!! So this is just my opinion on some products I haven't loved.



I bought the Rimmel primer because I hadn't tried one before and this was the cheapest one I could find, this product shows that cheap isn't always the best way! I didn't like how it felt on my face and didn't think it really did any of the things it says on the bottle. For my first experience of primers I didn't understand the hype! The second product is the Me Me Me flawless concealer, my first problem was the colour, it was to light which I know was my fault :P however it's really thin and doesn't really conceal anything, I found it really hard to make it blend into my foundation and look natural. The brush was one from SuperDrug, I think it's their own brand. It didn't pick up product and had impossible to apply my conceal evenly or anything! I used it one and never again!


I think the most disappointing was the YSL French manicure set, my Dad bought me this as a treat because I had really wanted it but it was to expensive for me to buy at the time. The tip isn't to bad but doesn't apply a think enough layer, the worse thing was the Pastel Rose, when I put it over the top it took some of the white off and then the brush became all sticky and the polish wouldn't come out any more. I was really upset when I didn't get the results I thought I would as it had been a gift :( 
I love liquid eye liner, I wear it most days however I have tried these two felt tip ones and both end up transferring on top of my lid, doesn't matter how thin I draw the line it always happens! Not sure if it was just these two pens or felt tips that don't like me! 


Everyone knows about the famous 'BeautyBlender' sponge, I didn't want to fork out £20 for the real one just in case I didn't like it so bought a pack of 4 dupes from Amazon for about £5, I found them really hard even after wetting and that they just took in the foundation instead on blending it round my face! Not sure if it was because they were cheap but they have put me off trying the original one.  


The last product are these nail polishes I bought from Next, they were £2.50 each and me and my Mum wanted to try out the Suede effect and we liked these 3 colours. The main reason I didn't like these was the actual Suede effect, I didn't like how they looked dull on the nail, I like my polishes super shiny :) I found they also chip easily!

What are your disappointing products? Tried any of these?

Remember to follow me on BloglovinTwitter and Instagram if you've enjoyed :) 

Have a lovely day, Bye :) 

7 comments:

  1. Great idea for a post! I hate it when I buy something and it's a complete let down!

    I'm now following you :)

    grannygee.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah same, so annoying feels like a waste of money :/ aww thank you :) xx

      Delete
  2. I totally agree about the suede effect, I much prefer my nails to look super shiny and pretty :)

    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah same, I tried with a shiny top coat but the still looked strange :/ xx

      Delete
  3. The suede finish was a bit of a let down - it's basically just a dull matte polish isn't it? :( xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use a dupe for the beauty blender too and I don't like it either! Everyone tells me the real one is so worth it but I rather use a brush or my fingers! Great Post xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO CUTE post:) I love visiting your blog for inspiration.

    Check out my new post....get that closet autumn ready:)

    Have a great day dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - inredning it's, Swedish for decor :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...